CPSD Aquatics Rules and Regulations
- Lifeguards are responsible for the safety and well-being of pool patrons. Patrons must follow staff directions to insure safe environment for all.
- A cleansing shower is required before entry.
- WALK at all times while on deck, running and horseplay are prohibited.
- NO DIVING in the Lap pool.
- Food and beverages must be consumed in lobby. Glass is not permitted.
- Use by anyone under the influence of alcohol or drugs is prohibited.
- Patrons may not use the swimming pool with opened or bandaged wounds.
- Patrons with a communicable disease and/or anyone who has been ill with vomiting or diarrhea within the last 2 weeks are prohibited from pool use.
- Anyone with a seizure, heart or circulatory problems should swim with a buddy.
- Patrons requiring use of diapers must wear a protective covering to prevent contamination. Diapers must be changed at designated diaper changing areas.
- Children under age 7 must be accompanied by adult 3 feet away at all times. One adult in pool per 5 swimmers under age 7 or younger.
- Swimmers need to pass a swim test or wear a life vest.
- Patrons refusing to obey the pool rules are subject to removal from the premises.
Rules for Diving Board
- Children under the age of 16 must pass the swim test to use the deep tank.
- Swim Test: Tread water for 30 seconds and swim 25 yards without stopping or touching the bottom.
- Only one person at a time allowed on the diving board.
- Only one bounce on the diving board is allowed.
- No sitting on diving board.
- Swim to the nearest ladder after diving off board.
- Patrons may dive or swim in deep tank if there is no one using the diving board.
Rules for Open/Lap Swimming
- Children 12 years of age or less must be accompanied by a responsible adult (18 years of age or older) at the pool facility and on the pool deck at all times the child is in the pool.
- If an individual between 13 and 17 years of age is using the pool, there must be at least on other person accompanying them at the pool facility.
- A non-swimmer is anyone who cannot pass the swim test.
- Lap swimming/lap lanes are available for patrons 16 years of age and older and swim team members.
Emergency phone is located in the staff office. Dial 9-911
Bather Capacity: 120